Letter To Senator Isaac Melly.




Hello, I do not know if I should address you as sir, honorable or just somebody who has my 2013 vote. I prefer we keep it simple, aren’t we buddies? Am pretty sure you remember me. The last time we met you were on a wall; you were asking me and other people to vote for you. You were on an election poster. In a nice suit and smiling,you looked like a nice guy who had great plans for Uasin Gishu. That day we last saw each other we were many and the way people talked of you, you won my heart. Call it love at first sight (sir do not get me wrong I have a girlfriend, am talking of political love). They said you are young, educated and had the young people’s interests at heart. Buddy, nothing else would hold back my vote for you.

Fast forward to 2015, I recently went to the spot where we last saw each other. The poster had been washed off. You understand how weather in Eldoret can be rough. But hey, you are a big man nowadays, I sometimes hear you on radio. It’s sad we cannot talk like we used to, isn’t it? I also understand you are one of the youngest senators in the country. Isn’t it success as a young lad to be driven around in a big car? All that sounds fun but what happened to the promise you made? The promise to the young people of Uasin Gishu.


Maze mbona umetutupa hivo? Kwa mtaa hauonekani! Yeah that’s how we the people talk. Where do you hang out? Or Eldoret fell below your class? We miss you man. You see you had a great plan, what happened? I thought you’d go to the senate and kick some oldies up there preventing the progress of the young generation of this county. Where are those bills that promote development of a young person? Back here at home, why haven’t you done anything to curb the growing number of jobless youths? Eldoret on a Monday hundreds of young people tarmac the whole town with envelops in their hands and in the evening they return back to their mothers with nothing but their hard earned degrees, in the same envelop they got out with in the morning. 

You love demonstrating, huh? Didn’t know that until that incident at the University of Eldoret. By the way what were you doing there? How I wish you had such strength on more serious issues.
Bwana Senator, I have to end here, the battery to this laptop is down and as you know I have not yet payed my KPLC bill. They disconnected power last week. I hope to see you in my village soon.

Yours truly,
Citizen no.29078994.


Comments